List of test cases
Disclaimer: all these tests will track the performance of your computer and send that info (browser, os, version, ms per frame, canvas or webgl) using google analytics for every test. This is done only for testing the performance of the engine. Every month I'll publish the latest info in either my blog or this same page.
- BlockFrames: Shows the loading of spritesheets, in TexturePacker format
- BlockGroup: renders several sprites in a single gl call (drawElements). Useful for backgrounds, maps or particles
- Canvas Fallback: shows difference between webGL and canvas fallback
- iOS: render test for iOS WebKit (should run on MobileSafari)
- Single Block & child: test block graph (one block and a child rotating)
- TMX: tests simple TMX scene
- TMX iso: tests simple TMX iso scene
- TMX layers: tests several layers on a TMX file
- Actions: simple action test (right now move is the only action working)
- Performance: simple fill-rate test (comparing block groups vs regular blocks)
- Add/Remove: tests add/remove while in the update method
- Particles: particles system using a special shader
- Primitives: primitive drawing blocks (points, lines, polygons)
Test results from Nov. 1st - Nov 20th (Total registered events: 3234)
Notes about the results
As always, take the results with a grain of salt (you can always look at the raw data for more granular info). These results are the averages between all OS, all browsers, including canvas fallback (except for Block Groups, where there's no canvas fallback support for that). The iOS test is the only one that is separated between mobile and combined (desktop + mobile). From here on, I will try to also include the version of ChesterGL on these test.
Link to raw data: http://goo.gl/yaOws.